Published on Thursday, 10 March 2016 02:24
Written by The Electoral Committee for Twic East Community in the United States
The Twic East Community-USA, Inc. (TEC-USA) Guiding Principles for presidential candidates
February 22, 2016
Washington, DC – We, the Electoral Committee members of Twic East Community-USA, Inc. (TEC-USA) are pleased to share and inform all members of the “ 2016 Guiding principles for presidential candidates.” We would be remiss if we don’t acknowledge that to lead TEC-USA is a privilege every member of TEC-USA is welcome to express interest in. It is a civil right you are entitled to (“Yin lëu ba ya bany de Twï”). However, one should consider the following general requirements and qualifications: Candidates must meet the following criteria. These criteria were pulled out from TEC-USA, Inc. Bylaws and Constitution.
- Must be a member of Twic East community living in the United States.
- At least 21 years old (prior to or on the day of taking office).
- Must be in good legal standing (not convicted of any known crime).
- He or she must pay his/her membership dues or membership fees.
- Must be literate or have a high school diploma. (TEC-USA is a legal entity which relies on public and members donations). Therefore, a minimum academic achievement is required.
- Presidential ticket shall have three key positions identified such as President, Vice President, and Secretary.
- 7.He/she must pay a non-refundable candidacy filing fee of $300.00. Post Office money order payable to Twic East Community-USA, Inc.
- He/she must have two letters of recommendation- one from his/her Payam and community of origin in Jonglei state, South Sudan and the other letter from State of residency in the United States (the letter must be from a state leader of TEC-USA. Letter from your payam and community must indicate that your membership is in good standing.
- He/she must have attended one of the physical meetings in the last two years of Payam or Twic East Community (members of the electoral committee are silence on this requirement)
- Candidates must come from state where Twic East community is organized and operational (members of the electoral committee are silence on this requirement).
- 11.Package checklist: You must submit a complete application (please review the package checklist). Incomplete application will not be considered.
- Package checklist:
- Complete application: Make sure your application is complete. Click here.
- Expression of interest/cover letter: answering why you are running for TEC-USA Office
- Resume/CVs: Your resume and of your running-mate (i.e. you, VP & Secretary.
- Endorsement/letter of recommendation: from your Payam and community leader. All the letters must have the contact information (telephone and email) and leader title.
- Application fee: one non-refundable money-order in the amount of USD$300.00. No personal check please. Only US Post Office Money order payable to Twic East Community-USA, Inc. Send fee and registration form to below address by NO LATER THAN APRIL 30, 2016
- Half photo
Please mail your package to:
TEC-USA: C/O Biaar Gak
5597 Seminary Road, Apt # 502
Falls Church, VA 22041
Thank you for your cooperation.
|Deng Akur Mabior
||Member & Chairperson
|Kuek Aleu Biaar
||Member & Deputy Chairperson
|Biaar Gak Biaar
||Member & Secretary
|Ajak Dau Akech
|Atem Wal Atem
|Dhieu Lueth Juac
|Yuot Alaak Pageer
Created: 2017-03-01 02:14:11
NEBRASKA, USA - In light of the recent news coming out of Juba, the government of the Republic of South Sudan is said...
Created: 2016-12-16 01:07:20
Your Excellency, First Vice President of the Republic,
Your Excellency, Vice President of the Republic,
Right Honorable Speaker of the...
Created: 2016-08-04 00:19:17
The 2016 GBC-USA annual conference/Awak de Michigan to be held in Grand Rapids, Michigan
September 2-5, 2016
For Immediate Press...
Created: 2016-06-17 00:58:22
For Immediate Release
June 16, 2016
From: The Nyarweng Mobilization Team (NMT)
To: Nyarweng Community ...
Created: 2016-06-04 03:12:32
A "New Path" for Managing the Governance of Oil Revenues in South Sudan
Deng Majok-Gutatur Chol
Created: 2016-01-24 04:32:13
IN JANUARY 2006, a group of us, mostly college and university students in North America, gathered for an e...